- i got C to go kayaking with me on Saturday. that was nice, even when he was being a butt.
he's agreed to go out with me again tomorrow.
- i did some stuff that was hard for me, and fell on my face, but i'm better for it.
- i finally went to see The Big Sick with Knitta D. it was a good day to talk with her, and i was glad to see it with someone who wouldn't be triggered by all the medical stuff in it. i think that helped me keep from being upset myself. (that said, philotera and scarlettina and probably C are not allowed to watch it.) ultimately i liked it, although i felt it had been oversold by the time i saw it. Holly Hunter is brilliant, as pretty much always.
- the latest episode of Restaurant to Another World has a mermaid!
- i decided to give Kesha's Rainbow album a try. it's good, and benefits from being listened to as an album - stylistically it ranges from country to get-up-and-shake-yo-ass dance tunes. pop goodness.
and oh yeah, there was an eclipse. we had something like 92% here. that was enough to see twilight and feel a rush of cold. it was delightful to be in a group and hear the waves of reaction as new people stepped onto the deck and put on their glasses for the first time.
*say what you want about the lottery, but when there's a draw in the hundreds of millions, we buy tickets, and for me they're worth their cost just for the fun we have building castles in the sky about what we would do with the money.